Bangladesh University (BU) is a thriving residential campus and community sitting on 6 acres of lands. Living at BU brings surprises and new experiences every day, in an extraordinary community of creative and accomplished people from around the world.
BU – HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
Bangladesh University (BU) was established in 2001 under Private University Act, 1992 by Mr. Quazi Azher Ali as a non-profit, non-political private university pioneering in computer-based education. It has been accredited by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and its curricula as well as programs have been approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh. The BU is approved by the Government of Bangladesh for awarding degrees in various disciplines. The University is committed to excellence and innovation in pursuing applied knowledge through research and creative activities with the objectives of producing world-class professionals responsive to the need of the community and the society of Bangladesh and world at large.
FUNDING AND AID
- Up to 100% tuition fee waiver to those who obtained GPA of 5.0 (Golden) in SSC and HSC from Science, Arts and Commerce groups
- Physically challenged students, ethnic minority group, sibling, the spouse will receive the special fee waiver at various rates to be determined by the Scholarship Committee on a case-by-case basis.
- Up to 100% tuition fee waiver for freedom fighter`s son/daughter. Details..
- 10% – 100% weaver policy for merit students.
- Graduate study aid is based on the availability of funds and academic merit.
- About 3% of graduate students receive financial aid.
BANGLADESH UNIVERSITY AT A GLANCE
- Undergraduates: 6,000
- Graduates: 500
- BU has 2 campuses
- The permanent campus having 1.7026 acres of land
- 300 internal projects in every semester
- BU has own Research lab
- 140 full-time faculty members
- 30 Guest faculty members
- 10 Advisors
Source | BU Online