BRAC UNIVERSITY Undergraduate Admission going on for Spring 2018
BRAC University (BRACU) was established in 2001. It follows a liberal arts approach to education which nurtures fresh ideas and gives new impetus to the field of tertiary education. It ensures a high quality of education and aims to meet the demands of contemporary times. Building on BRAC’s experience of seeking solutions to challenges posed by extreme poverty, BRACU hopes to instill in its students a commitment to working towards national development and progress. The medium of instruction and examination at BRAC University is English. BRACU is accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh.
The mission of BRAC University is to foster the national development process through the creation of a centre of excellence in higher education that is responsive to society’s needs, and able to develop creative leaders. It actively contributes to learning and the creation of knowledge.
The goal of the University is to provide an excellent broad-based education with a focus on professional development for students, in order to equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary for leading the country in its quest for development. Along with this, the University provides an environment for faculty development to ensure a dynamic teaching environment. Faculty will be provided with an environment in which they can further their teaching-learning abilities and contribute to the creation of new knowledge by developing and using their research skills.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS (EXCEPT PHARMACY)
- Minimum GPA of 3.50 in SSC/equivalent and HSC/equivalent separately (including additional subject).
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in O-Levels in five subjects and A Levels in two subjects according to BRAC University scale (A=5, B=4, C=3 and D=2). Subjects with E Grade will not be considered.
- Candidates who have completed higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) under a system different from SSC & HSC or O & A Levels will have to get approval of the Admission Committee of the University.
- Candidates who have finished school abroad will have to submit verified/attested copies of previous academic documents from their institute/Foreign Ministry & Equivalence Certificate from Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board, Dhaka.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS (PHARMACY)
- Candidate must have a minimum aggregate GPA 6.50 in SSC/O-Level or equivalent and HSC/A-Level or equivalent examinations (in a total scale of 10).
- Candidate must pass HSC/A-Level or recognized equivalent examination with a minimum GPA 3.0 in Chemistry and Biology separately and a minimum GPA 2.0 in Mathematics (in a scale of 5).
SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICULAR PROGRAM
- Candidates for EEE, ECE, CSE, APE & PHY must have a minimum B grade in Physics & Mathematics at HSC or minimum C grade in Physics & Mathematics at A Levels. Candidates for BSc in Computer Science and BSc in Mathematics must have a minimum B grade in Mathematics at HSC or minimum C grade in Mathematics at A Level.
- Candidates for BSc in Electronic & Communication Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering having Physics and Mathematics but not Chemistry at HSC or A Levels must take a remedial course in Chemistry, in addition to the courses required for the program.
- Candidates for BSc in Biotechnology and Microbiology should have minimum C grade in Biology and Chemistry at HSC/A levels. Candidates not having Mathematics at HSC/A levels must take a remedial course in Mathematics, in addition to the courses required for the program.
- Candidates for Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) should have a minimum B grade in Biology and Chemistry at HSC/Equivalent and C grade in Biology and Chemistry at A level. However candidates having no Mathematics at the HSC/A-Level or recognized equivalents may be admitted, but they need to take an extra 03 credit course in Mathematics relevant to Bachelor of Pharmacy curriculum.
BREAK OF STUDIES
- Candidates with a break of study of not more than three years (including current year) may apply for admission except Pharmacy.
- For Pharmacy, candidates with a break of study of not more than two years (including current year) may apply for admission.
Transfer of credits from an educational institution with a system similar to BRAC University may be considered after admission. Such candidates will have to apply with the required documents and the matter will be decided under the credit transfer rules of BRAC University.
VISITING STUDENT OR GUEST STUDENT
Visiting or guest students are required to submit their applications along with the relevant transcripts and no objection letters (NOC) from her/his University.
All candidates will have to sit for a written admission test and an interview in the manner described:
- Candidates for BSS in Anthropology, BA in English and LLB (Hons): written admission test in English.
- Candidates for BBA, BSS in Economics, BSc in Microbiology, BSc in Biotechnology: written admission test in English and Mathematics.
- Candidates for BSc in Computer Science, BSc in Computer Science and Engineering, BSc in Electronic and Communication Engineering, BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, BSc in Physics, BSc in Applied Physics & Electronics, BSc in Mathematics: written admission test in English, Mathematics, Higher Mathematics and Physics.
- Candidates for Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch): written admission test in English, Mathematics and a test in drawing.
- Candidates for Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons): written admission test in English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry.
- In order to qualify, candidates must pass each section separately.
- Those who qualify in the written test will be called for interview for final selection.
Telephone, Fax and E-mails:
Phone: +880-2-9844051-4 (PABX) (Information Desk ext. 4003), +880-2-9853948-9
Fax: +880-2-58810383, +880-2-9856163
For More info:
StudyMela.com | Admission & VISA Assistance | +8801730340503 (Whats app)
Source: Online | BRAC University