ADMISSION GOING FOR BIJOY SEMESTER
The government of Bangladesh has approved the establishment of Central University of Science and Technology (CUST) on a very historic day, the 21st February 2016 under Private University Act (PUA)-2010 and permitted to operate from Dhaka. Thus CUST considers its founding day as the 21st February 2016. The university management acknowledges with deep gratitude the kind consent given by honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina with regards to the functioning of this specialized university.
With the esteemed approval on the International Mother Language Day 2016, the Central University of Science and Technology has made a remarkable progress in materializing the activities to become a true university when the society is suffering from a kind of ‘Diploma Disease’, characterized by a craze for degrees and certificates only. The CUST is well aware of the nature and gravity of this huge challenge and still promises to ride, maintaining the highest possible standard of academic ethics. The CUST has planned to start its operational academic activities with effect from September 2016; hopefully from a campus that is owned by CUST.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICATION
Application for admission into CUST can be made both online and offline. However, CUST highly encourages students to apply online. Besides, students can also have a visit to the CUST campus at Mirpur-14 to avail the internet facilities there to fill up their application forms with effect from 01 April 2018. Our admission staffs will be at your service to complete the application process. You are requested to keep in touch with CUST website for any further update in this respect. You can also seek for any information by clicking ‘About Us > Contact Us > Request Info on our website.
Potential students who want to admit him/ herself into a program has to collect Admission Application Form which is available in the Admission Office as well as CUST website (cust.edu.bd).
Completed Admission Application Form, together with required documents should be submitted to the Admission Office within the deadline. Those who are willing to submit their application through online are to follow the website instructions.
Each applicant will have to pass the admission test administered by the university. The admission examination assesses each student’s potential to successfully pursue the undergraduate/graduate program. Information regarding the style of the admission test can be obtained from the admission office or website.
Selection of Applicant
The list of eligible candidates to appear admission test will be displayed in the notice board and website of CUST (www.cust.edu.bd) and will be intimated to an individual through SMS to the contact mobile number given by the applicant. Minimum qualifying marks in the written admission test are 40%. Merit list of candidates for final selection and admission to CUST will be notified in the notice board, the website of CUST (www.cust.edu.bd) and by SMS to contact cell phone given by the applicant.
Candidates finally selected for admission will have to adhere to the following rules and procedures:
- Candidates have to complete admission formalities within a fixed period of time as decided by the admission committee.
- Any candidate failing to complete admission formalities within the prescribed time will warrant cancellation of selection automatically.
- Any student failing to attend the class within two weeks of the commencement of the academic program will warrant cancellation of his/her admission and forfeiture of all fees including security deposit.
- Waiting lists will be prepared and displayed by the admission committee as per merit and be notified as per requirement.
Following documents are to be submitted during admission
- Attested Photocopy of all Board Mark Sheets and Certificate/Testimonials
- 4 Copies colored passport size and 2 copies stamp size photograph signed by the applicant
- A level appeared candidates are required to submit attested photocopy of the A2 statement of entry and Mark Sheets of their A’S Level Exam.
- Nationality certificate from proper authority/Birth certificate/National ID Card.
- Applicants in Freedom Fighter category are requested to submit attested photocopy of (i) “Provisional Certificate” from Ministry of Liberation war affairs. (ii) Mukti Barta (iii) Gazette (iv) “National ID” of the freedom fighter (v) Birth Certificate/Death Certificate of the Freedom Fighter.
- All documents submitted in connection with an application become the property of the university.
***Original papers: All original certificates and transcripts have to be shown at the time of admission.
For More Info:
StudyMela.Com | Admission & VISA Assistance | +8801730340502 (SMS/Whats app/Viber only)
Source: Online | CUST