Admission going for only female private university in Bangladesh for Spring 2018
Central Women’s University (CWU) is the only Women’s University in Dhaka which began its journey in 1993 immediately after the passing of the Private University Act of 1992. The university was established with a group of enlightened and enthusiastic personalities led by Professor Beggzadi Mahmuda Nasir (founder Vice Chancellor of the university). Their intention was to create an opportunity for women to pursue higher education and equip themselves with necessary knowledge and skills for gainful employment in this age of globalization. After being accorded permission by the Government under the Private University Act of 1992, the university was launched in Central Women’s College campus at 3 Avoy Das Lane, Dhaka.
The primary mission of CWU is to create an environment for women where they can pursue their academic, personal and career goals unhindered by unequal competition. This environment will be characterized by academic excellence in a range of subjects that are relevant to current and future professional and societal needs.
CWU strives at making higher education affordable to all women by keeping fees at reasonable levels. Sensitive to the needs of its students and staff, CWU is committed to providing humane and congenial atmosphere for productive learning and innovative thinking.
Special features of the university
- Highly qualified full time faculty members
- Adjunct faculty from academia ( BUET, University of Dhaka, IBA) and professionals
- Own campus at convenient location
- 25% to 100% tuition fee waiver for meritorious and deserving students
- English proficiency development support
- Computer skills development program
- Well-designed and well-equipped classrooms and laboratories
- Student counseling, placement and individual student care.
To get admission in undergraduate programs of CWU, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 in both SSC and HSC Examinations.
- University of London and Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level in five subjects and ‘A” Level in two subjects.
- American High School Diploma
Minimum qualifications for admission to the postgraduate programs are as follows:
- To complete the Bachelor degree (B.A. /B. Sc. /B. Com/ B.S.S) with minimum GPA 2.50.
- Candidates with third division or GPA of 2.00 at any level of education are not eligible to apply.
Application for Admissions
The application form, Admission Instructions, Prospectus of CWU and further information are available at the Admission Desk of CWU. Completed application must be submitted to the admission desk within the announced deadline. A complete application includes :
- Completed application form.
- Two passport-size color photographs, duly attested.
- Attested copies of all certificates and mark sheets.
- Testimonial /letter of recommendation from institution last attended.
Tuition and other fees
Four-Year Undergraduate Programs and Fees (BBA, BA, BSS & B.Sc degrees)
|Computer Science and Engineering ( CSE )||160||5,17,000/-|
|English and Modern Languages||126||3,43,000/-|
|Sociology and Gender Studies||126||2,69,000/-|
|Political Science & Governance Studies||123||2,69,000/-|
|Geography and Environmental Studies||123||2,69,000/-|
|History of the Muslim World||123||2,69,000/-|
|Journalism & Media Studies||129||2,80,000/-|
One-Year * Graduate Programs and Fees ( M.A. & M.S.S. degrees)
|English and Modern Languages||36||1,24,000/-|
|Political Science & Governance Studies||36||88,000/-|
|Sociology and Gender Studies||36||88,000/-|
|Geography and Environmental Studies||36||88,000/-|
|History of the Muslim World||36||88,000/-|
* These programs are for students with a 4-year bachelor degree
Two-Year** Graduate Programs and Fees ( MBA, EMBA, M.A. & M.S.S. degrees )
|English and Modern Languages||72||2,38,000/-|
|Political Science & Governance Studies||72||1,66,000/-|
|Geography and Environmental Studies||72||1,66,000/-|
|History of the Muslim World||72||1,66,000/-|
**These programs are for students with a 3-year bachelor degree.
***Total fees for all programs include Tk. 10,000/-(non refundable) admission fees.
Scholarship and Financial Assistance
Generous financial assistance is offered to needy students and to those with superior academic performance. Partial or full tuition grants and scholarship are available to those who qualify.
|GPA 5 in HSC and SSC||100%|
|GPA 5 in either HSC/SSC and GPA 4.5 in the other||75%|
|GPA 4.5 in both HSC and SSC||50%|
|GPA 4.5 in either HSC/SSC and GPA 3.5 in the other||25%|
The students are encouraged to take part both in academic and extra-curricular activities to nurture their hidden qualities. Thus, it is having seven clubs for students as follows:
- Business Club
- Computer Club
- Debating Club
- Drama Club
- Sociology and Gender Club
- English Conversation Club
- Cultural Club
These clubs are moderated by faculty members. The clubs give opportunities to the students to discover their hidden potential. The various activities of the clubs contribute to develop the interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills of the students, thus facilitating them to become responsible citizens.
Major Activities of these clubs include
- Seminar and Workshops
- Study Tours
- Community Volunteer Work
- Club Fairs
- Indoor Games and Tournaments
- Celebration of national and international events such as Pohela Boishakh, International Mother Language Day, Independence Day, Victory Day etc.
- Cultural Programs
- Competition in Art, Debate, Music, Computer Programming, Business Plan etc.
For admission, please contact:
06 Hatkhola Road
Phone: 01915721560, 01778490525
E-mail: [email protected]
For More Info:
StudyMela.com | Admission & VISA Assistance | +8801730340503 (Whats app)
Source: Online | CWU