ADMISSIONS OPEN FOR AUTUMN 2018
Chittagong Independent University (CIU) started its journey in Chittagong in 1999 as an additional campus of Independent University Bangladesh (IUB). IUB and the founding trust pioneered the establishment of private universities in Bangladesh.
CIU is unique among private universities. It has been providing quality education with international setup and world-class facilities in Chittagong. CIU has been following North American Course curriculum with the open credit system. As a result, students have a better choice to go abroad for higher studies. The faculty members and management personnel are all highly qualified with years of experience and are inherited from the then IUB. The faculty members have obtained degrees from renowned institutions at home and abroad and undertake research activities on a regular basis. They publish extensively in national and international academic journals, attend national and international conferences.
There are three academic semesters namely, Autumn, Spring, and Summer.
- The admission procedure for Autumn (the beginning of the academic year) starts within the first week of July and ends with the commencement of classes in the second /third week of August.
- The admission procedure for Spring starts within the first week of December and ends with the commencement of classes in the third week of January.
- The Admission Test for Summer takes place in the first week of May and ends with the commencement of classes in the second week of June.
- HSC and SSC pass certificates with minimum CGPA of 3.00 in both (for offspring of Freedom Fighters a total of GPA of 5.00 in SSC & HSC)
- Engineering Students must have Math and Physics in their H.S.C.
- ‘O’ Level in 5(Five) subjects and ‘A’ Level in 2(Two) subjects with minimum ‘B’ Grade in four subjects and ‘C’ Grade in three subjects
- International Baccalaureate
- High School Diploma
- GED after ‘O’ Levels in 5(Five) subjects
- Others 12 years equivalent degree must have the equal schema from the education board
- 3 years Bachelor Degree from a reputed university and at least 1 year of work experience in a managerial/executive position or 4 years Bachelor Degree from a reputed university. Some work experience after graduation in a managerial/executive position is preferable
- CGPA of at least 2.50 at undergraduate or graduate level with no 3rd Division/ Class in any previous public examination.
- An acceptable score in the CIU Admission Test OR Score of 500+in GMAT
Exemption from Admission Test for the students with
- A minimum SAT-1 score of 1550
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
- IELTS score of 5.5
For More Info:
StudyMela.Com | Admission & VISA Assistance | +8801730340502 (SMS/Whats app/Viber only)
Source: Online | CIU