Admission going on Fall 2018
Hamdard University Bangladesh (HUB) started its academic programs on 29 November 2012. It is a non-political and not-for-profit organization, established under the Private University Act 2010 (Law number 35) and UGC approved private University. Abiding by this Law, the core values of the University are based on the philanthropic characteristics of its affiliated/ mother organization—Hamdard Laboratories (Waqf) Bangladesh and Hamdard Foundation—resonating love for humanity, belief in pluralistic society, equal opportunity for all, democratic decision making process, promotion of education, technology and culture and the like.
Eligibility for the undergraduate programme on HUB
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in SSC and HSC exams separately. Or O-Level in five subjects and A-Level in two subjects with a GPA of 3 at each level. In the case of GPA 2.00 in one of the SSC or HSC Exam, the total GPA will have to be 6.0.
- Candidates who have completed higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) under a system different from SSC/ HSC or O/ A levels will be considered for equivalence by the University on a case to case basis.
- Candidates for BSc in Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) must have Physics and Mathematics at HSC or A-level.
- Candidates for BSc in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and BSc in Mathematics must have Mathematics at HSC or A-level.
- Candidates with the break of the study of more than two years will have to apply separately stating a valid cause of break of study.
- Candidates for BUMS & BAMS must have Biology & Chemistry at HSC or ‘A’ Level.