~Admission Fair going on in MIU for Spring 2018~
A viable university must possess adequate infrastructure of its own and the right environment. Manarat International University (MIU) is one of the few private universities of Bangladesh, which had built its own premises at the time of receiving the Charter from the Government. Manarat Trust is the founder of MIU. A cherished dream to establish a university had been in the bosom of every Manarat Trust member. MIU was born with a vision to inculcate ethical and moral dimension while offering a comprehensive professional training. Through overwhelming support and inspired dedication, the university project was underway. Ahmed Farid, the former Vice-chancellor, was offered the monumental task to lead the MIU Project Team as the Project Director. He assumed his role in 1996 and since then, even during the periods of ebbing hope and frustration, he stuck to his vision and inspired the project team to endeavor for the much desired Charter of Approval.
- MIU has decided to concentrate on preparing students for career in today’s challenging environment,be it in the corporate, public or non-profit sectors.
- Its goal rests on four fundamental principles:
- The belief that knowledge of latest theories, techniques and applications is vital to the success of any organization or individual self.
- The firm belief that those techniques can be most effective only when used in the spirit of collaboration and teamwork
- A dedication to providing students with superior education customized to their interests, and needs of the society.
- Committed full time faculty with excellent educational backgrounds and sharpest academic minds.
MIU Admission Procedure
Individuals interested in seeking admission in MIU should contact the Office of the Admission for application forms. Catalogs and application forms for admission to different Programs of the university are available in MIU Gulshan main campus and MIU Mirpur campus. Sudents can also download any information of admission from the MIU web page at: www.manarat.ac.bd . A properly filled out application with a bank draft of Taka 500.00 (US$ 10.00) should be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office.
- For BBA, CSE, ECE, BA(Hons) in English, Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies, Bachelor of Pharmacy & LLB:
- At least GPA 2.5 or Second Division both SSC & HSC and “A” Level in two subjects with minimum average grade “C” of US High School Diploma or equivalent.(CSE & ECE applicants must have physics & math, and Pharmacy applicants must have chemistry at HSC or equivalent levels). or
- At least GPA 6.00 (combined, but score less than GPA 2.00 in any individual examination is not acceptable) in SSC, HSC or equivalent examination.
- For MBA, MA in English: At least graduation from any discipline having 7 points or over all GPA 2.5
The minimum qualifications for admission test are:
- At least GPA 2.5 or 2 second divisions at S.S.C. and H.S.C., or
- Equivalent degrees from Madrasah Education Board, or
- Minimum grade C in two subjects at A-level (Physics and Math required for CSE) and 5 GCE O-level subjects, or
- US high school diploma or equivalent
The admission test may be waived for an applicant having a score of 1100 or more in SAT. students with TOEFL scores of 500 or above are exempted from taking the English section of the admission test.
Though quality of education is high, the tuition fees of MIU are comparatively affordable or less among the top ranking private universities in Bangladesh. The students must pay fees and other charges before accomplishing official registration. The fees for programs are as follows:
(Including other charges)
|BA in English(Hons.)|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy|
|Bachelor of Journalism|
|MBA||39 for BBA Graduate|
|48 for Executive|
|60 for Regular|
|MA in English||33 for English(Hons.) Graduate|
|45 for English Graduate(3-yr)|
|54 for Regular|
WAIVER POLICY BASED ON SSC, HSC OR EQUIVALENT EXAMS
Total GPA in SSC + HSC or Equivalent Exams
(without 4th Subject)
Tuition Fee Waiver
|Required CGPA/SGPA at MIU Examinations|
9.00 – 9.99
8.00 – 8.99
7.00 – 7.99
- * The waiver based on SSC and HSC or equivalentresults will be continued for first 1-year without considering required CGPA/SGPA at MIU examinations. After 1 year such waiver will be continued based on maintaining of the required CGPA/SGPA
- No other waiver will be applicable for Diploma Holders.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP BASED ON SEMESTER RESULTS (SGPA)
% of Total Registered
SPECIAL WAIVER ONLY FOR NEW STUDENTS
(Meritorious but From Low Income Group)
GPA in SSC+HSC or Equivalent Results
Tuition Fee Waiver
9.00 – 10.00
75% / 100%
8.00 – 8.99
40% / 50%
7.00 – 7.99
15% / 25%
- 20% Tuition Fee Waiver for Siblings and Spouse.
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver for Freedom Fighter Quota.
Plot#CEN-16, Road # 106
Phone: 02-55060025, 02-9862251, 02-58817525
Fax: 02-55059924, 01780364414
Ashulia Permanent Campus:
Ashulia Model Town,
Phone: 01819245895, 01780364415
E-mail: [email protected]
StudyMela.com | Admission & VISA Assistance | +0880173040503 (Whats app)