‘Undergraduate Admission NSU-Fall 2017’
North South University (নর্থসাউথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) or NSU is the first private university of Bangladesh. The government of Bangladesh approved the establishment of North South University in 1992 under the Private University Act (PUA) 1992 (now replaced by PUA 2010). The university was formally inaugurated on February 10, 1993, by the Prime Minister of Bangladesh.
The university’s campus is at khaza baba road at Basundhara in Dhaka. Classes started in the permanent campus from June 9, 2009.
This campus can serve up to 20,000 students with amenities and facilities. It contains six buildings with three basements on six acres of land having 665,000 square feet of floor space
Test date: July 14, 2017, Friday 10:00 AM,
Last Date of Application: July 12, 2017, Thursday 11:59 PM.
Online application link: http://admissions.northsouth.edu/apply
** Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Combined GPA of 8.0 in both SSC and HSC with minimum GPA 3.5 in each OR
- GCE O-Levels and A-Levels : O-levels in five subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.5 or above and A-levels in two subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.0 or above. (scale A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 & E=1) OR
- US High School Diploma or equivalent
- Academic qualification other than the above need to contact Admissions Office to check the eligibility
- For all programs of School of Engineering & Physical Sciences, applicants must have Math or Physics with minimum B grade in HSC or C grade in A-levels.
- For Biochemistry and Microbiology, applicants must have Biology and Chemistry at SSC/HSC or O/A- levels.
- For BPharm Professional, applicants must have Biology & Chemistry, with minimum B grade in HSC and C grade in A-levels and should have done Physics in HSC/A-levels to be eligible to apply.
- Acceptable scores in NSU’s admission test.
- Admission test will be waived for those who have got
i. a minimum score of 1500 (OLD) or 1000 (New) in SAT AND
ii. 500 (CBT 213/IBT 79) in TOEFL OR Minimum 5.5 in IELTS
* NSU reserves the right to change any requirement at any time. Candidates are advised to visit NSU website for updates.
Source | Online