Notre Dame University Bangladesh
With Government permission received on April 29, 2013, and with hopes of beginning the University in a small way in 2014, it is worthwhile to understand how we got to this point. This short write-up is not a detailed history of the events leading to the founding of the university. Fr. Adam Pereira, CSC, has assembled such an outline. This rather is a picture of the different influences that have brought us this far.
- BA in Economics
- Bachelor of law
- BA in English
Formation of mind and heart for truth and for the fullness of life and living.
To seek sincerely and achieve diligently true knowledge and wisdom for life and living, through studies in humanities and technologies, based on the local Bangladesh culture and spiritual heritage, so that the students develop their best selves to serve their society and contribute effectively to humanity.
Values that will constitute the foundation of the University and the essential elements of teaching-learning are:
- Pursuit of truth
- Rational thinking
- Respect for human dignity
- Social responsibility
- Commitment to human development
- Justice, Peace and Charity
- Gender equality
- Global unity
- Communal harmony
- Respect for Creation
To help build a society of hope and peace by providing quality and meaningful education.
- To provide students comprehensive education emphasizing both on breadth and depth of knowledge;
- Maintain high standards in all academic and administrative activities exceeding all government standards for university education in Bangladesh;
- Complete all courses of studies on stipulated time-frames and at affordable costs;
- Ensure a learning environment conducive to intellectual, spiritual and human formation, inter-religious harmony, gender equality, justice and peace, charity and care for the earth;
- In line with the Education Policy of the country, promote sound human, social, moral, cultural and spiritual values through the courses of studies and co-curricular activities in order that students grow in patriotism, responsible citizenry, and become competent human resources;
- To foster a teaching body, well disposed for good life, academic proficiency and diligent teaching;
- Insure an atmosphere of discipline and orderliness and free from politics in all aspects of the University.
- Build on existing Holy Cross connections to foster and promote teacher/students exchanges and study abroad programs with national and international university.
The competence to see and the courage to act.
How to Apply:
A complete application will contain the following:
- Filling up the application form signed by the applicant himself/herself
- Six-passport size and two stamp size photographs with names
- Original copy of all certificates and transcripts (mark sheets); original copy will be returned
- Attested photocopies of all certificates and transcripts (mark sheets)
- One set of appointment letter(s) and experience certificate(s), if any (attested)
- Application fee: Tk. 1,000/= (one thousand only: non-refundable) – payable at the NDUB office.
: 2 Arambag, Motijheel, GPO Box-7,
: +880-2-7192672, +880-2-7192675
: [email protected]