President Scholarship For International Students At University Of Winnipeg In Canada, 2017
- The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for international students entering any of the university’s divisions for the first time undergraduate, graduate, collegiate, PACE or ELP.
- The University of Winnipeg is a public university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada that offers undergraduate faculties of Art, Business and Economics, Education, Science and Kinesiology and Applied Health as well as graduate programs.
- The language of instruction at the University of Winnipeg is English. Students must have a level of ability in English that allows them to participate in all aspects of university study, including lectures, reading, writing, and discussion.
|Providers||:||The University of Winnipeg|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate, Graduate, English Language Program (ELP), Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) and Collegiate (grades 9 to 12—a high school).|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent
- Be an international student
- Entering the first year of any program
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities
- Apply for admission by the scholarship deadline date
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent.
English Language Requirement: Below are a list of the tests and programs for the English language that is acceptable at The University of Winnipeg:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (IELTS): A minimum score of 550 with no less than 50 in each component (paper-based), or achieve a minimum score of 80 with no less than 19 in each component (Internet-based).
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum band score of 6.5 based on the Academic Module
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): Minimum grade C
CanTest: An average score of 4.5 in Listening and Reading; and a score of 4.0 in writing
A score of 3.5 in writing may be considered, depending on the program of study, and provided the student is registered in Academic Writing Extended (ESL).
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A score of C
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): Minimum score of 80%
Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): Minimum score of 60
Pearson Test of English PTE (Academic): Minimum of score of 58
Academic English Program for University and College Entrance (AEPUCE): Successful Completion
Full Name: English Language Program (ELP) at The University of Winnipeg: Successful Completion of Academic Level 5
Full Name: English for Specific Purposes Program (ESP) at The University of Winnipeg: Minimum C+ in Academic Writing 1 and 2.