Admission Going On Fall 2018
Education enthusiast, Md. Imamul Kabir Shanto, established the first design based comprehensive university of the region, Shanto-Mariam University of Creative Technology, to expand job oriented, creative and cultural education in the country. By combining the education streams of the two earlier established educational organizations, Shanto-Mariam Academy of Creative Technology and Shanto-Mariam Institute of Creative Technology, and integrating with them the other required educational programmes, this unique and different university started its journey in 2003 under the Shanto-Mariam Foundation to offer higher education in the country. Following the enactment of the ‘Private University Act 2010’, the university is currently being run under the Shanto-Mariam University of Creative Technology Trust. Since its inception, the university has been offering its academic programmes under three faculties. These faculties are a) Faculty of Design and Technology, b) Faculty of Fine Arts, and c) Faculty of Management and General Studies.
Faculty of Design & Technology
Faculty of Fine & Performing Arts
Faculty of Management & General Studies
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
- The students must have a minimum of Second Division or a GPA of 2.50 or equivalent grade at every level of SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations. If in an examination, the GPA is a minimum of 2.00, then in both the examinations the total GPA must be 6.00 minimum.
- In cases of Music, Fashion Design, Fine Art, Graphics Design programmes and Dance, the students must have a minimum GPA of 2.00 at every stage of SSC/O level and HSC/A level or equivalent public examinations.
- The wards of Freedom Fighters may have a total GPA of 5.00 in SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations.
- In ‘O’ level examination, one must have at least five subjects and at least two subjects in ‘A’ level examination. In the above two examinations, out of seven subjects, ‘B’ grade or a GPA of 4.00 must be in four subjects and ‘C’ grade or a GPA of 3.50 must be in the rest of the three subjects.
- In the programmes of Science, Technology and Engineering at Bachelor level, the students having passed in Science Groups in HSC or equivalent examination can be admitted. In the above programmes, the students having passed in Arts, Humanities and Commerce Groups cannot be admitted.
- In the case of students with GED background, they must secure at least 410 out of 800 in each of the five subjects separately, and on an average 450 in aggregate for admission into Bachelor levels.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION
- 6 copies of recent passport size photograph.
- Attested copies of the transcript and certificates of the SSC and HSC or equivalent (e.g. ‘O’ & ‘A’ level examinations, GED or Bangladesh Technical Education Board).
- The original certificates and transcripts must be shown at the time of admission.
- Testimonials from past institutions at SSC and HSC or equivalent (must bring original certificate & mark sheet)
- Attested copy of any kind of national identity (e.g. passport/national ID/birth certificate/voter ID).
- Parents’ passport size photographs (both mother and father, 1 copy each) and photocopies of national ID card.
- Local guardian’s passport size photograph and copy of the national ID card.
The applicable admission fee will be required for admission.
Phone: 88-02-8932368, 58956932, 55085810 Mobile: 019 88887700-18 Hot Line: 01755668899 Email: [email protected], Web: www.smuct.edu.bd
2. Shanto-Mariam University of Creative Technology House# 11, Road# 17/A, Sector# 13,Uttara, Dhaka-1230
Email: [email protected], Web: www.smuct.edu.bd
Shanto-Mariam University of Creative Technology, Plot# 135, Jingira Road, Kalma-1, Savar, Dhaka-1341 Phone: 01988887713 Email: [email protected], Web: www.smuct.edu.bd
House# 5/4, Block C, Lalmatia, Dhaka Phone: 9125079, 9125226, 58154669, 58152820 Mobile:019 88887712 Email: [email protected], Web: www.smuct.edu.bd