Admission Fair 2018
Sonargaon University (SU) is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh and Bangladesh Government (GoB), which has been sponsored by Sonargaon University (SU) Trust. The Trust is a registered non-political, non-profit voluntary organization. The members of SU Trust are the mostly eminent entrepreneur from the academic arena, felt the need for a private university to bring quality education within the reach of students with modest economic means. The quality of our teaching and learning is underpinned by the best staff: student ratios. Our professors teach at every level as well as are engaged in ground-breaking research. Our work is audited regularly by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh and we have been supported by a strong Academic Advisory Council. Sonargaon University (SU) is always changing and growing. More than 3000 (Three Thousand) students enrolled at SU since its commencement from 2013. We invite you to visit our website for the most up-to-date information. Better still, come and visit us. We are always delighted to meet prospective students to discuss what SU can offer you and to show you around. We have an interest in the things that matter to our students, such as, IT facilities, 12-hour library facility, and a network for students “hubs” for academic support. We are going to establish a career service center. This will offer internship and encourage students’ enterprise.
Under Graduate Programs
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (or second division) in SSC and HSC examinations (or their equivalent), or GCE/IGCE “O” Level in four subjects
- and “A” Level in two subjects with minimum GPA of 2.50 in each exam (using a scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1), or Average 450 marks in GED with five subjects.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 in SSC and HSC examinations individually for technical programs, such as Apparel Manufacture and Technology and Fashion Design and Technology. However:
- The students, who are sons/daughters of freedom fighters, shall be eligible for getting admission to the University if they have a minimum GPA of 5.00 totaling the GPA of SSC and HSC Examinations. Students, however, have to submit the copy of authenticated Certificate as the proof of his/her father/mother’s identity as a freedom fighter.
- Equivalent performance under other educational systems (e.g. American High School Diploma or IB, etc.) University also be accepted.
- A combined SAT score of 1100 also accepted in lieu of Admission Test for High School Graduates in any system.
- For admission to engineering programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level.
- The University shall also accept non-degree admissions, usually for exchange students.
- Transfer of credits from comparable educational institutions may be considered after admission.
* Students who have passed the HSC Examination under the mark-based grading system are considered
for admission and scholarship at SU on the basis of a conversion scale approved by SU admission committee.
* Any confusion relating to the degree or diploma obtained from home or abroad of any applicant for admission in the undergraduate and graduate or for other purposes shall be referred to and resolved by the Degree Equivalence Committee of SU.
1. A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a GPA of 2.5 or above on a scale of 4.0 Or
2. A relevant Bachelor Degree with at least second divisions/classes in all previous exams.
Some students may be required to complete some additional preparatory courses at SU before they start their Master’s programs.
Different departments may have some additional requirements.
Scholarship and tuition fee waiver
Tuition Fee Waiver
|Sibling/Others issue for :||25% Two Students,|
|50% Three Students|
|75% Four Students|
|Female Issue||10% – 100% As Per Standard Policy of SU|
|Freedom Fighter||100% As Per Quota|
|Teacher Quota Diploma Institute, College||10%|
|Groupwise Admission Minimum 5 Students||5%|
JA-146, Wireless Gate, Mohakhali, Dhaka.Phone: (8802) 9852134 Cell: 01971 33 77 77, 01775 000 888, 01780 33 00 44, 01780 33 00 55, 0173 1234567