~Admission going on for Spring 2018~
Stamford University, Bangladesh was founded in the city of Dhaka in 1994 and then it was known as Stamford College Group, Bangladesh. It was upgraded as a private university with the permission of the Government of Bangladesh in 2002 and emerged as Stamford University, Bangladesh. Stamford College Group, Bangladesh began its journey in 1994 as a full-fledged educational institution with a promise of providing an international standard education. Stamford University, Bangladesh belongs to globally recognized Stamford University & College Group that has 160 campuses now in Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and America. This institution has been established with a view to making significant contribution to the development of education in the country. Since its beginning this institution has been continuing its educational programs in Bangladesh with great success and fame. More than 12,000 students have successfully completed their degrees from this university and most of them are now engaged in different national and multinational organizations. More than 12,000 students are studying under undergraduate and graduate programs.
Goals and Objectives:
- To serve the intellectual needs and professional aspirations of its students and to contribute to the intellectual and professional development of the society.
- To create for students the environment and programs which help to satisfy current needs and anticipate future ones.
- To establish different educational programs in global standard and if possible joint venture university in Bangladesh with universities of the USA & the UK, which will facilitate our students to get access into international job market in these fields directly; as a result, our country will be able to earn valuable foreign currency.
- To provide Global Standard Education ‘GSE’ in Bangladesh.
- Our Research and Monitoring Team ‘RMT’ will be in search of new trends in education in developed countries and identify them and evaluate their adaptability in Bangladesh to keep constantly updating the standard of education to match the ‘GSE’.
- To develop the degrees of the university up to ‘GSE’ level through the membership/accreditation of internationally recognized accreditation bodies like ACBSP, AACSB and to establish our degrees equivalent to the degrees of any good university in the USA through World Education Services ‘WES’, the degree equivalence authority to recognize degrees of countries outside the USA.
- To establish joint degree programs & credit transfer programs with US universities such as Claflin University, New York University (NYU) & Stamford University, USA to facilitate quality education and make foreign degrees available to the students staying in their own country.
- To provide high quality education for development of human resource having the competence to compete in the contemporary world market.
- To conduct and support research for advancement of knowledge and for socio-economic development of the country through application of technology-oriented knowledge.
- Contributing to moral and ethical development of the common people for creation of a society, free from corruption, and enduring and respecting each other for co-existence in peace and harmony in good environment in the society.
- Creation of congenial academic environment for the youth for their intellectual advancement, free from political and other disturbances.
- Dissemination of knowledge under the coverage of ethical, human and rational approach reflecting national heritage, values and principles of Bangladesh with a view to producing graduates who will be sound professionally and be upright morally.
- Creating an opportunity to have education for all groups of people in the country, including common people, rural, urban and fresh students as well as jobholders through on campus, online and distance learning education.
- To develop and train students to meet the gradually increasing demand for efficient graduates and professionals in Bangladesh as well as in the international job market, including the USA & Canada through special study programs in specific field.
Stamford University Bangladesh offers programs and awards degrees & certificates, which are recognized by the govt. as Stamford has the approval of Bangladesh Govt. SUB degrees are equivalent to the degrees of any good university of the world including that of the USA through World Education Services ”WES”. ”WES” is the degree equivalence authority to recognize degrees of different countries.
So Stamford University provides a certificate, which is nationally as well as internationally recognized and students are able to use their certificates in Bangladesh as well as in different countries of the world.
|1||Bachelor of Business Administration||Department of Business Administration||Faculty of Business Studies|
|2||Master of Human Resource Management||Department of Business Administration||Faculty of Business Studies|
|3||Master of Business Administration||Department of Business Administration||Faculty of Business Studies|
|4||Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons.)||Department of Pharmacy||Faculty of Science|
|5||Master of Pharmacy||Department of Pharmacy||Faculty of Science|
|6||Bachelor of Environmental Science||Department of Environmental Science||Faculty of Science|
|7||Master of Science in Environmental Science||Department of Environmental Science||Faculty of Science|
|8||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Microbiology||Department of Micro Biology||Faculty of Science|
|9||Master of Science in Microbiology||Department of Micro Biology||Faculty of Science|
|10||Master of Arts in English (Final)||Department of English||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|11||Bachelor of Arts with Honours in English||Department of English||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|12||Master of Arts in English (Preliminary & Final)||Department of English||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|13||Bachelor of Arts in Film & Media||Department of Film and Media Studies||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|14||Master of Arts in Film & Media(Final)||Department of Film and Media Studies||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|15||Master of Arts in Film & Media(Preliminary & Final)||Department of Film and Media Studies||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|16||Bachelor of Social Science in Journalism for Electronic & Print Media||Department of Journalism and Media Studies||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|17||Master of Social Science in Journalism & Media Studies (Preliminary & Final)||Department of Journalism and Media Studies||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|18||Master of Social Science in Journalism & Media Studies||Department of Journalism and Media Studies||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|19||Bachelor of Social Science in Economics||Department of Economics||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|20||Master of Social Science in Economics||Department of Economics||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|21||Bachelor of Public Administration||Department of Public Administration||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|22||Master of Public Administration||Department of Public Administration||Faculty of Arts and Social Science|
|23||Bachelor of Laws with Honours||Department of Law||Faculty of Law|
|24||Master of Laws (LL.M)||Department of Law||Faculty of Law|
|25||Master of Laws (LL.M., Preliminary & Final)||Department of Law||Faculty of Law|
|26||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering||Department of Computer Science||Faculty of Engineering|
|27||Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Information||Department of Computer Science||Faculty of Engineering|
|28||Master In Computer Application||Department of Computer Science||Faculty of Engineering|
|29||Master of Science in Computer Science & Engineering||Department of Computer Science||Faculty of Engineering|
|30||Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering||Department of Civil Engineering||Faculty of Engineering|
|31||Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronic Engineering||Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering||Faculty of Engineering|
|32||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)||Department of Architecture||Faculty of Engineering|
Requirements for admission to bachelor and master programs at Stamford University vary with the discipline the applicants choose. Requirements for admission into different programs are given below:
For Bachelor Programs:
- Minimum GPA 2.50 in both S.S.C and H.S.C with science background or equivalent
- Minimum 5 subjects in O-Level and 2 subjects in A-Level with minimum grade of B in 4 subjects and minimum grade of C in 3 subjects from science group.
For All Arts, Law, Social Science and Business Related Bachelor Programs:
- Minimum GPA 2.50 in both S.S.C and H.S.C or equivalent
- Minimum 5 subjects in O-Level and 2 subjects in A-Level with minimum grade of B in 4 subjects and minimum grade of C in 3 subjects.
For Masters Programs:
|1st division / Class/ CGPA 3.5+/ equivalent CGPA||2nd division / Class/ CGPA 3.0+/ equivalent CGPA||3rd division / Class/ CGPA 2.5+/ equivalent CGPA|
744, Satmosjid Road, Dhanmondi
Mobile: 01713082402, 01675694482 (Office time: 9 am to 6 pm. Friday Closed.)
Tel : 58155834, 58151469, 58156122,9124161
51, Siddeswari Road,
Mobile: 01738879598, 01836976941 (Office time: 9 am to 6 pm. Friday Closed.)
Tel : 58315626, 58315513, 9336932, 9336981, 9355967
E-mail : [email protected]
Website : www.stamforduniversity.edu.bd
For More Info:
StudyMela.com | Admission & VISA Assistance | +8801730340503 (Whats app)
Source: Online | Stamford University