Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
Western Sydney International is offering scholarship awards to international students enrolling in undergraduate coursework programs.
New international students commencing an undergraduate coursework program at Western Sydney University in 2018. Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit.
Any CRICOS registered undergraduate degree except courses subject to strict quotas, such as the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Nursing, and Bachelor of Nursing (Graduate Entry).
Depending on the applicant’s academic achievement, the following benefits will be granted as a one-off contribution towards tuition fees:
- $10,000 or
- $5,000 or
This amount will be credited towards the scholarship recipient’s second session tuition fees.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with the study.
Selection will be based on academic achievement in a completed Year 12 qualification or equivalent recognised by Western Sydney University for admission.
Applicants must also:
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa. (Subclass 500)
- commence a new course of study in 2018 for the first time.
- be studying in a CRICOS registered undergraduate program
- satisfy all admission requirements and accepted admission offer by scholarship acceptance deadline.
Applicants are not eligible if:
- He/she is a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- He/she is a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- He/she is currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Western Sydney University.
- He/she does not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- He/she has been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing.
- He/she is applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus.
- He/she has been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
Application and Selection Process
No application is necessary. All applications for admission will be automatically considered for a scholarship. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your offer of admission letter.
If you have already been issued an offer or have accepted an offer by the University before 20 July 2017, you are invited to submit a scholarship application form here. Please note you will need to submit this application by 16 September 2017 to be considered for a scholarship for study in 2018.
Scholarships will be granted on a first come first served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email [email protected]