Admission Going On 2018
World University of Bangladesh (WUB) established under the private University Act, 1992 (amended in 1998), approved and recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh is a leading university for utilitarian education. The University is governed by a board of trustees constituted as per private universities Act 2010 which is a non-profit making concern. The university is a member of the Association of Private Universities in Bangladesh, Association of Common Wealth Universities and Quality Assurance & Improvement Council and appears in the worldwide listing of universities by the UNESCO.
Although the formal approval to start operation of the World University of Bangladesh was received on February 26, 2003, the ground work for the university began in early part of 2000, Now the university on entering its 10th year of operation has all needed infrastructural facilities and highly qualified teachers in its 3 faculties and 11 departments with 24 programs at day and evening.
World University of Bangladesh is destined to provide utilitarian education for economic emancipation without undermining the national ideals and aspirations and is authorized to offer courses and award degrees, diplomas, certificates on its own. At present it has credit transfer arrangements and academic collaborations with some universities in UK, USA, Australia and the Caribbean.
The university had its first convocation on 28th October 2008, where 782 students received degree from the Hon’ble President of People’s Republic of Bangladesh and Chancellor of World University of Bangladesh. (also see our website: www.wub.edu.bd). As many as 2300 students are now ready for conferment of degrees in the up-coming convocation. None of its degree holders is unemployed implying its emphasis on quality education with utilitarian bent.
This university is the pioneer in introducing degree programs for the Diploma Engineers; B.Sc. in Mechatronics Engineering (MTE) & Master of Business Education (MBE) in this part of the world. The MTE program also known as electro-Mechanical Engineering in few western countries, is a synergistic combination of a number of basic engineering and administrative courses. As such, it is a highly demanding course at home and abroad. The MBE program is meant for people destined to make career in teaching of business related subjects and for those willing to make a career in practical business world in short span of time. We have few Institutes and various types of collaboration programs. All of our programs are approved by the UGC. We publish some journals which have earned appreciation at home and abroad.
- Combined GPA of 5.0 in S.S.C and H.S.C with minimum 2.5 in each or total GPA of 6.00* with minimum GPA of 2.00 either in S.S.C or in H.S.C.
- GCE O-Level in minimum 5 subjects with a GPA 2.50 and GCE A-Level in 2 subjects with a minimum GPA 2.00
- International Baccalaureate or U. S. High School Diploma
- Other 12 years equivalent degree (must have the equivalence certificate from Ministry of Education)
- Engineering Students must have Math and Physics in their H.S.C. with at least B grade.
- If a student secures GPA 2 in SSC than he/she should have to confirm GPA 4 and total GPA 6 in order to confirm admission to WUB. In this case less than GPA 2 is not permitted for admission. ***Application materials include***:
- Official transcripts or academic records from each institution you attended.
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Proof of Funding (Bank Certificate, Affidavit from your sponsor)
- 6 copies of passport size photograph.
- Copy of passport and the passport should be valid for at least one year from the date of their arrival to Bangladesh.
- A certificate of good conduct issued by the police of the candidate’s country of origin or residence, if necessary translated English. The good conduct certificate should be original and issued less than 6 months prior to the beginning of the semester for which the student is applying. The names and titles of the persons issuing and certifying the document should be clearly stated therein.
- A Health Certificate issued by the Local GP or Health Clinic
- A pay Order or Demand Draft in favour of World University of Bangladesh of an amount of USD 125Address: PERMANENT CAMPUS