~3rd Convocation of BUBT on 12 February, 2018~
Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT) was established under the Private University Act in the year 2003 modelled on North American Universities, with the approval of the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh. It was founded by Dhaka Commerce College, Mirpur- 2, Dhaka, and is managed by a Board of Trustees and a Syndicate. BUBT is one of the leading universities in the private sector of Bangladesh. It has been providing quality education and training since its very inception. At present BUBT has established itself as a top ranking Private University in the country, not only by fulfilling all of the requirements of the Private University Act, 2010, but also by maintaining the standard of education, research facilities, transparent examination system, updated academic programs, necessary physical infrastructures, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, modern facilities for the students and a disciplined environment.
The University has been established to provide education with unique quality relevant to the needs of the modern society. With this end in view the courses and curricula of BUBT are so designed as to enable the students to pursue higher education and professional goals with a sound academic background. This will help the students to equip themselves as creative leaders to contribute to the socio-economic development of Bangladesh.
The principal objective of Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT) is to produce highly skilled manpower capable of contributing to the national development as entrepreneurs, academics, professionals and administrators.
The following objectives are within the focus of overall activities of BUBT:
- To maintain an excellent academic environment for imparting higher education to learners in different fields
- To encourage learners to inculcate ethical, cultural and social values in their thoughts, actions and practices and follow them in their personal and national life
- To build up a dynamic center of excellence in higher education & research which will generate knowledge for the creation of an ideal society
- To develop learners’ understanding of the advances in knowledge and complexities of modern world and utilize these for solution of problems of the contemporary society.
The University has been approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh, on the recommendation of the University Grants Commission. It is one of the top ranking Private Universities in Bangladesh. It has academic collaboration and credit transfer facilities with a number of foreign Universities. BUBT is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, a member of the Association of International Universities and also a member of the Association of Management Development Institution in South Asia.
Scholarships & Waiver
There are provisions for scholarship, stipend and tuition fee waiver for the students in BUBT.
- Scholarships, stipends and fee waivers are awarded to a minimum of 6% students of the University on the basis of need and merit.
- 100 percent fee waiver is awarded to the sons and daughters of Freedom Fighters.
- For Undergraduate Programs special tuition fee waiver from 25% to 100% based on total GPA of the SSC and the HSC Examination results, is given for the first semester.
- For subsequent semesters tuition fee waiver is also given on the basis of the examination results of each semester at BUBT.
- Students of Dhaka Commerce College are allowed an additional 10 percent tuition fee waiver.
- Tuition fee waiver is available for sibling and spouse.
A student may transfer his credits earned at previously institution/university attended towards a BUBT degree. For this purpose transcripts from all previously attended institutions/universities must be submitted. Transfer students are expected to have at least 2.50 CGPA for undergraduate and graduate programs on a 4-point scale in all university level courses to be considered for admission at BUBT. Only those courses where the grade of the student is B and above will be considered for credit transfer. Catalogs, official transcripts and testimonials from previously attended university/universities must be furnished with the application for admission. Equivalence of courses for each transferred student will be determined by the university. The residency requirement is that at least 60 percent of credits and internship/project of 3 to 4 credits for a degree must be earned at BUBT.
Welcome to BUBT 3rd Convocation 2018
The 3 Convocation of Bangladesh University of Business & Technology (BUBT) will be held on 12 February, 2018 at International Convention City Bashundhara (ICCB), HAll-4, Kuril Biswaroad (Next to 300 Ft. Road),Purbachal Express Highway, Dhaka-1229. Graduating students of BUBT upto Fall Semester 2016-2017 who intend to attend the Convocation are hereby requested to apply for Registration and to deposit Convocation Registration Fee by January 31, 2018 through BUBT convocation website: convocation.bubt.edu.bd
The Registration Fee of Tk.5,500/- (Five thousand five hundred) only for single degree certificate or Tk.6,500/- (Six thousand five hundred) only for dual certificates (if any) need to be paid in cash in the Account Section of BUBT (Ground floor, Dhaka Commerce College Road Campus, Mirpur-2, Dhaka-1216)OR deposit through bKash A/c no.- 01707078195 OR Rocket A/c no. 100000001738 (If paid through bKash or Rocket account, transaction charge must be added with the registration fee).
Graduating students are requested to collect convocation confirmation letter from BUBT convocation website and submit it (with 01 copy passport size color photograph) to the Office of the Controller of Examinations on the day of collecting the gowns (not to be returned) with the following documents:
1. Provisional Certificate, in original (if taken).
2. Library Card and ID Card.
For further query please contact:-
A.H.M. Azmal Hossain
Bangladesh University of Business and Technology
Rupnagar R/A, Mirpur-2, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh
9024266, 9024277, 9015397, 9020132-4
01967169189, 01845734337 017845734337,
01680050630, 01741129235, 01554882075
For More Info:
StudyMela.com | Admission & VISA Assistance | +8801730340503 (Whats app)
Source: Online | BUBT